Category Archives: gaming
GameBoy Camera on Vacation
Portal on an Apple //e
Vectrex Arcade System
Du sollst nicht!
Retro Challenge 2009
Retro Challenge 2009 is in full swing and I totally forgot to mention anything! I am participating by creating a blog with photos from my favorite 0.02 megapixel camera, the Game Boy Camera! Check out the retro goodness already in progress.
I Heart Craigslist
After work I checked my local Craigslist page. Today I managed to nab a steal of epic proportion.
An Atari 2600 with the original box, two joysticks, two driving controllers, two paddle controllers, original AC adapter, and a box of 86 games. All for $10. Ten dollars.
Smash Bros. Brawl
A long while back I pre-ordered
last this year’s most anticipated Wii title Smash Bros. Brawl, which comes out March 9. This is just a reminder that if you have a Wii my friend code is: 1423 3644 2287 4084. Leave yours in the comments if you want me to add you.
If I can find someone who has not imbibed in adult drinks I’ll be going to pick this up at my local gamenasium at midnight.
It took days of failed attempts, but I’m now reliving my childhood. I figured out how to write Apple II disk images to those big 5.25 floppies. Sure there are emulators out there. Sure it is a whole lot easier to just download the disk image and play on a new iMac. It just isn’t the same. There is something truly satisfying about hearing those big drives click away. Here is what it took.
- Mac OS 10.5 on an Intel iMac to download the disk images and drop them in a shared folder to go to…
- Mac OS 10.4.9 on a PPC iMac that has support for…
- Mac OS 9.2.2 which can run Bernie II the Rescue, an Apple IIgs emulator that can manipulate the files, which can then be transfered via 3.5 floppy to…
- Mac OS 7.0.1 on a Macintosh Classic which can write to ProDOS disks, which are compatible with…
- Apple GSOS 6.0.1 which runs on an Apple IIgs.
What is the end product for all this hassle? Number Munchers, Odell Lake, Battleship, and Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy are just the beginning. Oregon Trail… I’ve got my eyes on you next.